Heard about Swee Kee but I do not appreciate plain chicken as I like it roasted or soy cooked. Nevertheless, JO and I went ahead to try Old Swee Kee at Seah Street... which I am unsure if it is the actual one (as there is one at Joo Chiat).
The chicken rice, JO ordered drumstick... we were expecting tender succulent meat, but it was plain and ordinary which did not whet my appetite. However, the rice and soup which accompanied the chicken were nice. But that's not the point right?
Anyway as I not take a fancy to the chicken rice, I ordered the beef noodle. It was the most disappointing beef noodle I've ever tasted. The soup was bland, tasted like it was diluted with water.... the beef slices though rare were not tender. They were sinewy, awful!I will never patronize this place ever again! Utterly disappointing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.