Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mee Chiang Kueh - Old Airport Road Market

Mee Chiang Kueh is a common snack in Singapore.... Normal, sweet local pastry that seemingly resemble thick crepes. Except fillings are usually sweet unless it's cheese within.

My boss bought some from Old Airport Road (stall manned by elderly couple, facing the road) to the office one day and as the peanut flavour was popular, I took the coconut instead. While taking a portion from the styrofoam box, the slice was so soft and difficult to manage that the abundant coconut filling fell all over.... However, upon the first bite, awww.... it was really yummy! It was soft and fluffy, fragrant and there was a slight tinge of saltiness which I loved. The coconut filling wasn't too sweet, just nice!

If I am in the vicinity, I would definitely check out other flavours and Q for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.