Friday, August 14, 2009

Salty Caramel Cake?


























Arinco King carries an array of swiss rolls and little creamed desserts.... Vanilla roll, Matcha roll, caramel sand and chocolate sand. I don't think swiss rolls need much introduction.... but the sands were like cream with chocolate/ caramel on plain cake, sprinkled with almonds. The Salt Caramel Cake caught my attention.

















I went down to Ion to get a roll at close to 1pm, and the Japanese patisserie chef was preparing the cake fresh. I was glad to have bought a roll of freshly made salt caramel roll.






















Check out the cross section of the cake... see the caramel flow down the sides of the cake.... mmmmm....
The sweetness of this cake is perfect.

It's like a vanilla swiss roll, with butter cream and this "burnt toffee" like cream (light brown), rolled up with white spongy cake, and glazed with sweet caramel sauce! Don't worry, the toffee cream is not actually burnt, but it has this slight bitter hint like caramelized sugar on creme brulee which does wonders... The toffee cream balances the sweetness of the cake, cream and caramel glaze.

Try it if you're at Ion, but don't go for it too late as it may run out. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Cheers!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.